In order to make my task lighter, I thought I'd come up with some rules to help me craft my reading list for #CBR4.
- I'll select my list from some of the various lists of greatest novels found around the Internet. I'll try to limit these lists to some of the most respectable-seeming. That probably means I'll favor lists presented by a select few educated persons over a "vote for your favorite"-style list.
- No re-reads. If I've read a book already, it doesn't make the list.
- On a related note, if I've seen the movie already, I can't include the book on the list. I may make exceptions here, though. For instance, I've seen Blade Runner, but I might still read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep because the link between the two is by all reports shaky.
- On the other hand, I might consider doing a joint book/movie review if I've neither seen nor read either work.
- CBR has a 100-page minimum for selections to count. I may need to add a maximum limit, too, if I'm going to get through all 52 books in a timely fashion. An 1000+ pager could throw my whole schedule into chaos.
- ??? I don't know. Do I need more? Maybe this covers it.
Now. To the list!